- (available for preorder; upcoming June 2021) Jam, Jelly and Marmalade, A Global History, part of the esteemed Edible Series, Reaktion Books, London.
- We Sure Can! How Jams and Pickles are Reviving the Lure and Lore of Local Food, Arsenal Pulp Press, Vancouver, 2011. Finalist for Taste Canada—The Food Writing Awards 2012.
- Toronto: The Unknown City (with Howard Akler), Arsenal Pulp Press, Vancouver, 2003.
- Practical Pedalling: A companion for everyday cycling in Toronto, Detour Publications, Toronto, 1998
Read about We Sure Can!:
- "Let me introduce Sarah – a Torontonian with tons of energy, intellect and a passion for preserving. Her new book, We Sure Can (...) embraces preserving with a passion." – Elizabeth Baird for the Toronto Sun
- "Of course the real test of any cookbook is whether or not a novice can easily follow the instruction without the benefit of someone more experienced by your side. Happily, Ms. Hood does not disappoint. Everything you need to know to successfully make jams, jellies, and pickles can be found in We Sure Can!—right down to listening for the ping of a lid that has properly sealed once you take it out of the hot water processing bath." – Penny Pleasance for New York Journal of Books
- "This beautifully photographed book by Sarah B. Hood offers basic canning instructions as well as a motherlode of recipes, from the traditional ('Baba's Dill Pickles') to the trendy ('Carrot Rhubarb Jam with Rosemary'). And it's not just the home cook who can benefit. Bartenders, chefs, even food truck hot dog vendors will find condiment recipes to take their creations to another level." – City Food
- "Once you've mastered the principles of preserving, you're only limited by your imagination. To learn the basics, pick up a guide like the terrific new cookbook We Sure Can! It's full of clear, easy-to-follow directions for sterilizing and processing jars, as well as mouth-watering recipes for preserves of all sorts, many of which would be terrific as cocktail ingredients or garnishes." – Joanne Sasvari for The Vancouver Sun
- We Sure Can! is also very much a fascinating examination of the power of blogging. While selecting and testing recipes for her book, Hood put some of the recipes on her blog, and then watched for comments as people sussed them out. She also crowd-sourced ideas on Twitter while writing. Hood treasures the way online canners connect with each other, even when a new cookbook is not involved, and she touts the truly excellent quality of the information gleaned through reading food blogs. – Liane Faulder for the Edmonton Journal
- Three essays in 50 Toronto Hidden Gems and Curiosities, ed. Dylan Reid & Matthew Blackett, Spacing Media, Fall 2018.
- "The Milk Bottle Battle" and "Adding Sparkle to Everyday Life" in The Ward Uncovered, The Archaeology of Everyday Life, ed. Holly Martelle, Michael McClelland & John Lorinc, Coach House Books, 2018. Winner of the 2018 Publication Award of the Ontario Archaeological Society.
- "The Most Mysterious Station" in 25 Toronto Transit Secrets, ed. Dylan Reid & Matthew Blackett, Spacing Media, 2018.
- "Birth of the Toronto Islands" and "America Invades" in 25 Days that Changed Toronto, ed. Dylan Reid & Matthew Blackett, Spacing Media, 2017.
- "Shadowy Existence: Shadowland's Creative Design Community" in Community Engaged Theatre and Performance, ed. Julie Salverson, Critical Perspectives on Canadian Theatre in English, volume 19, Playwrights Canada Press, 2011.
- "Pickerel, Pork and President's Choice, a historical food map of Toronto" in The Edible City: Toronto’s Food from Farm to Fork, Coach House Books, Toronto, 2009.
- "Power to the People" in GreenTOpia: Towards a Sustainable Toronto, Coach House Books, Toronto, 2007.
- "Urban Enchantment: What city-lovers can learn from theatre in public space" in The State of the Arts: Living With Culture in Toronto, Coach House Books, Toronto, 2006.
- "Image Theatre" in Contemporary Issues in Canadian Drama, ed. Per Brask, Blizzard Publishing, Winnipeg, 1995.
- Toronto (contributor and copy editor), Tourism Toronto, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Eyewitness Travel Toronto Pocket Map And Guide, (update editor), Dorling Kindersley Ltd., London, 2012.
- Berlitz Pocket Guide: Toronto (update author), Apa Publications, Singapore, 2007.
- Insight City Guide: Toronto (contributor), Insight Guides, London, 2006.